I am so lucky to have some super-quick efficient testers who control my patterns!
My latest pattern "Ella-Mae" has a matching hairband as part of the outfit. I have great difficulty buying the hairband blanks for American Girl dolls here so had to adapt cheap plastic ones.
This was an idea I had seen on another blog so just had to have a go!
If you would like to check it out this was the original blog post: http://tikidoll.blogspot.it/2011/09/how-to-make-headband-...
These were some cheap plastic hairbands I found for a few cents.
First I bent the hairband and held it in place with some wire leaving a small amount to hold it.
I then put it into cold water to set the shape. With some cutters I chopped off the extra length.
I quickly redipped the ends in the boiling water to smooth any rough edges.
Look how cute!
Here is the orange one.
I sewed the knitted pieces from the pattern onto the hairband and added the bow!
So easy to make and so cute!
I would love to hear if you try this!