Monday 31 August 2015

Introducing Addy.





I intended introducing my dolls gradually, but somehow never got around to it! So I will start with my latest adoption: Addy.
She is one of the historical American girl dolls.

"Addy Walker, representing the tail end of the Civil War era and early Reconstruction Era." 

I have 2 of the books in her series which a friend sent me. The first when they run away and the third Christmas one. I hope to find the others sometime at an affordable price. I love reading the books which go with the dolls. A little bit of "History" 




I just had to make her a little brooch remembering her cowry shell from her Grandmother. Mine is just a tiny land snail shell. The snail has long moved home!




These are the clothes she arrived in, not her meet outfit. 

I made her the blue outfit in the first photo but although I have written down the pattern it still isn't available for now as it hasn't been testknit yet. There always seems to be less interest in the historical outfits anyway.                                                                                                                                             
  Isn't she lovely?                                              









2 comments:

  1. She is a pretty doll. My daughter got Samantha when they first came out and wanted Addy next. But Julie was already losing interest in dolls, so that never happened. You've done a good job on her outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou. I searched for a while and was lucky to find her in good condition.I think she is really cute!

      Delete