The one I was interested in was a Disney Merida (more about her another time) but there was an Ariel doll included which was a bit worse for wear. Together they cost far less than other Merida dolls available so I placed a bid and won them. A great deal.
So armed with dish-soap, fabric conditioner, straws, clips and tissues I started!
First I washed her hair with some normal dish-soap. Rinsed well and then treat it with fabric softener in fairly hot water. Let it soak a while and then combed and divided it into sections. This was the part I found hardest to do as I wasn't sure how it was best to divide the locks.
Then I rolled it with a little tissue paper onto the cut off straws and secured the curls with a hairgrip.
Dipped her hair into warm water again once finished and left to dry.
Today I took out the "curlers"and Tada!:
I think she looks far better!
DD has already commented that she will style it better for me but I am really happy with the result. Not bad for a first try. Her hair feels really soft and is shiny. It was dry and not nice to touch!