Saturday 23 July 2016

Ariel's hair styling session.

I recently bought a couple of dolls on UK Ebay for the grand amount of £1.50. The postage cost me more. 
The one I was interested in was a Disney Merida (more about her another time) but there was an Ariel doll included which was a bit worse for wear. Together they cost far less than other Merida dolls available so I placed a bid and won them. A great deal.



Ariel hairstyle

Ariel's hair was in a really bad state so I decided to try my hand at restyling it. I am NOT good with hair at all, but figured that it couldn't turn out worse than it was! 


Conditioning Ariek's hair



So armed with dish-soap, fabric conditioner, straws, clips and tissues I started! 


First I washed her hair with some normal dish-soap. Rinsed well and then treat it with fabric softener in fairly hot water. Let it soak a while and then combed and divided it into sections. This was the part I found hardest to do as I wasn't sure how it was best to divide the locks.


Then I rolled it with a little tissue paper onto the cut off straws and secured the curls with a hairgrip. 


Disney spa treatment

Dipped her hair into warm water again once finished and left to dry. 


Curling disney doll hair


Today I took out the "curlers"and Tada!:


Sirenetta




I think she looks far better! 


Doll hair restyled





DD has already commented that she will style it better for me but I am really happy with the result. Not bad for a first try. Her hair feels really soft and is shiny. It was dry and not nice to touch! 

2 comments:

  1. Looking good. Your talents are never ending.

    ReplyDelete