Thursday 13 August 2020

Machine Embroidery.

I am continuing my machine embroidery experiments. 

Machine set up

 An Eagle:

embroidered eagle




Yesterday I decided to try some appliquè. Just very simple.

I took some blue fabric and then some white on top. I stabilized the blue with tear away stabilizer. I basted the white at the corners floating on the frame. I didn't use any glue. I don't have any yet and to be honest I am scared of getting my frames and machine sticky. I keep seeing FB posts asking how to remove the glue! 

appliquè

I chose a simple circle design on my machine and stitched it out. 



Then I took the frame off the machine and carefully cut the excess white fabric from the outside of the stitching. I replaced the frame and then did another programmed circle with a satin stitch in the exact same place. 



appliquè

Then I added a simple E in the center. All without altering the position of the hoop design. 

appliquè


It was quite fun and simple enough for me to not worry about spoiling a project. 
I have no idea what if anything I will use it for but another practice piece is done. Lol! 

cross stitch



It is lovely to be trying out "new to me" things. Even cross stitch!


Butterflies

Bye for now! Happy sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment