Monday 29 July 2024

Washing "Never ending story!"

 



The book was strategically put to hide the coffee stains!

Well after so much shaking and fear I washed the bedspread.



I was really scared it would not come clean or would fall to pieces!



I soaked it in cold water first for 24 hours. 


Then I soaked it with a solution of Omino Bianco in cold water. 


It was still stained. 



I washed it in the washing machine at 40°c without wringing. 




Took it out. Still a few stains. 


I took a new makeup brush and gently brushed the stains with bleach until they were less.

Put into the washer again at 40° without wringing. 


Took out. Rinsed well in the bath and then rinsed again with fabric softener! 


Hurrah!




I never thought it would really come clean let alone so brilliantly white! 


Started : October 1987. Stained with wood smoke age and coffee. 

Finished now. 





Doing a happy dance here!

No comments:

Post a Comment